10 Aug Has your electrical equipment been tested and tagged?
Please check your areas and ensure electrical equipment is appropriately tested and tagged. Here are three simple practices for your area:
- Check for tags – all electrical equipment must have a tag. If a piece of equipment doesn’t have a tag, it needs to be reported (using the contact information below).
- Check the date –tags will indicate that the electrical equipment has been tested and when it is due for a retest. If the equipment is due to be retested, report it.
- Check for damage – If electrical equipment is showing signs of damage or unreasonable wear and tear, it needs to be reported, even if it falls within the date on the tag.
If you require electrical equipment in your area to be tested and tagged, please contact:
- Medical equipment – contact Clinical Engineering on 8541 6444 or email: email@example.com
- Non-medical equipment – place a BEIMS request
More information, including general retest intervals, can be found in the Electrical Testing and Tagging PROMPT procedure.
Approved by Carlos Scheinkestel, Executive Director, Quality and Safety