27 Jul Jessie McPherson on-track for a successful accreditation assessment
Earlier this month (13 -15 July), Jessie McPherson Private Hospital had its accreditation assessment against the National Standards. The final report is still a few weeks away, however the feedback received from the assessors was extremely favourable, with Jessie McPherson on track for a successful accreditation.
A huge thank you to all our Jessie McPherson employees for your ongoing commitment to good governance, safe patient care and high-quality outcomes for our patients, families and carers. And, of course, to the teams behind the scenes ensuring we remain accreditation-ready at all times.
Some of the key areas assessors were quick to praise were:
- Our COVID-19 response and how the workforce and our Models of Care changed and adapted to meet patients’ needs
- How the EMR successfully facilitates and supports comprehensive care
- Vaccination data
- Medication management, and how the EMR supports this
- Cleaning processes, especially around microfiber practice, having separate cloths for cleaning areas, and UV marking audits
- Huddles and handovers sharing critical information
- Point of care audits
- Monash Health support for MET Calls and Infection Prevention is evident and favourable
- Strong Governance – an involved Board with proactive oversight
As with any audit or review, there are valuable and helpful suggestions on where there is room for continual improvement. Jessie McPherson received no official recommendations, but suggested the following could be the basis for continuous improvement in the future:
- Allied Health huddles to be conducted with patients at the bedside
- Ensuring Workstation on Wheels (WOWs) are not a barrier between employees and patients during handover as this doesn’t facilitate patient-centred care.
- Ensuring the patient is involved in bedside handover if appropriate.
- Journey/Communication boards at the bedside – positioning of boards to be reviewed to ensure patients can see the boards easily.
Well done to Jessie McPherson on completing a successful accreditation. With Monash Health’s accreditation assessment scheduled for Mon 13 – 17 September 2021, it’s important we stay focused, take note of areas we can continually improve and continue to deliver high-quality care and a positive patient experience.
Approved by Carlos Scheinkestel, Executive Director, Quality & Safety