13 Apr On-site Patient Experience Rounding to help you get accreditation-ready
From Monday, 19 to Thursday, 22 April, 2021 the Patient Experience team will be visiting our main hospitals and sites to help you with your accreditation preparation.
Patient Experience Rounding will be conducted at Casey, Cranbourne, Dandenong, Kingston, Clayton (MMC and MCH) and Moorabbin. There’s no need to book as the team will come to you, but you can check out the dates and times for your hospital/site via our accreditation events page.
Patient Experience Rounding will look at the Partnering with Consumers national standard, with a focus on:
- Coaching and supporting you to meet the intent of the Standard
- Providing guidance on showcasing how you partner with patients and consumers in their care and in the design and improvement of your service
- Informing you about the resources available to help you meet the standard
In particular, the team will be on the wards observing and supporting you with:
- Welcome to Ward and Quality boards
- Welcome Packs (bedside)
- Rights and Responsibilities brochures
- Bedside Communication Boards
- Discharge and teach-back
- Ward environment, wayfinding and navigation
Feel free to ask the Patient Experience team any questions you have, and remember, accreditation is a positive process – it’s an opportunity to showcase the work we do as part of our business as usual approach to safe patient care and high-quality outcomes.
Approved by Dr Anjali Dhulia, Chief Medical Officer